Monday, August 10, 2009

In My Dreams....

The other day I took a little detour into the Solange Azagury-Partridge store on Madison Avenue. It truly is like walking into a jewelry box- from the velvet covered walls to the backlit alcoves showcasing the jewelry. There are even constellations made of Swarovski crystals set into the ceiling and walls! The nicest woman Michelle sat with me explaining the brand and allowed me to try some of her favorite pieces on. I think she must have known I was desperately trying to store all of what I was seeing for my "wish list," because gave me a copy of their book (the word catalogue doesn't do it justice). Mixed in below are pieces of Williamsburg artist, Fred Tomaselli. Both artists make very mystical, pyschedellic pieces. I think the similarities are endless-their color palettes, inlay/collage medium, and constellation like representations... I love the mood they evoke....please check out their other work!












(enamel rings)

2 comments:

  1. these are all so cool, nothing beats a psychadelic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm pretty sure fred tomaselli still lives in los angeles. otherwise, great site!

    ReplyDelete

spread the love

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...